|

Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Topshop Make-Up


Topshop's new Make-Up range launched recently with huge success, so I went to the flagship store to investigate...


The graphics and packaging had a quirky yet sophisticated simplicity that I loved.
I'm ALWAYS sold on packaging! I came away with a nail polish in the 'gone fishing' shade, (which is the closest match to Chanel's Jade no. 407 I've seen, congratulations Topshop!) and a lip polish in 'Coral'.





The nail polish colour is fab, as it's rare to see a jade green shade done well. I wasn't however overly impressed with the strength of the polish, it chipped easily and sadly is one you have to carry in your handbag for emergency top-ups. With a cost of £5 I wasn't expecting miracles, however being a fan of Barry M nail polishes (especially at £2.95) I didn't notice any better quality coverage.





The lip polish is a nice little handbag item, with a tiny, but very handy mirror. The coral shade is lovely, and it's priced fairly at £6. The polish works more as a tinted gloss than a lipstick and its texture means you're never going to get a strong shade.



So all in all a couple of good little products, however some improvements could be made. Take note Topshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment